Monday, February 1, 2010

It's Been A Hard Day's Night

And I remember hearing the band who wrote that song on the radio BEFORE they broke up.  I'm practically a centenarian. My favorite band, too.

I've been posting at another blog just because I had surgery and a rough hospital time and then recuperating at home comfortably with wonderful caregivers (my mom and Don) but with medical surprises every day.  Quite an adventure, but I would have vastly preferred Disneyland.  I really miss Disneyland.  Before it got so expensive, I went every year for my birthday.  I want to go again after I survive this current ordeal.  I need a treat, really badly.

I want to write about some of this but right now I have to get ready for an important medical appt. in L.A. But here are some of the posts I really should have made here.

Boy is cancer time-consuming.  I'd say I almost miss lupus, except, of course, lupus hasn't gone away.  Makes it interesting when my ability to do activities of daily living gets evaluated ("but it will be different tomorrow", I mutter, under my breath.  Cancer is the newbie on MY diagnosis list.)

http://beepbeep.livejournal.com/1115050.html

http://beepbeep.livejournal.com/1115335.html

http://beepbeep.livejournal.com/1115449.html

3 comments:

  1. Jean sent you a couple of DVDs of a group she liked - one video and the song. It's country stuff so not my kind of thing, but I hope you've had a chance to listen/watch them. I'm told the song is quite inspirational!

    Thinking of you!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom,
    I'm looking forward to listening to the DVDs. My computer seems to be tolerating DVDs now so it's time to give them a try! Please thank Jean; I appreciate her thinking of me so much.

    And I hope you are doing well :) xo

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I've travelled the distance from an Ivy League college to decades of enforced poverty--because I've needed to qualify for government health care in the U.S., since being diagnosed with lupus at the age of 23. I have a personal blog at http://beepbeep.livejournal.com that I've had so long I'm probably stuck with :) My other blogs are here on blogger...