Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Historic Health Care Bill Passes The US House Of Representatives...

and wears out one lupus patient.

I couldn't leave something this important undone, but it has been very hard to try and sift through all of the information, opinions, and passions.

Here's what I've come up with as being as representative as I could get over the past two days on The Bill:

http://donaldburr.com/healthcare.pdf

This health care reform campaign has been very much of a rollercoaster ride and I do not for one minute think it is over.

It is especially important that those of us who live in the U.S. and are coping with autoimmune disease in ourselves or our loves ones inform ourselves on how the bill might affect us and to let our representatives in the federal government know what we think about what is happening.

If you wish to contact your Senator about the bill quickly (the Senate has not yet voted on it) you are advised to phone or to fax. Email has been sent in large enough volumes that it may not all be being read quickly, and I'm told that mail to the Senators at their Washington addresses is still subject to the delay of search for anthrax or other dangerous substances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I've travelled the distance from an Ivy League college to decades of enforced poverty--because I've needed to qualify for government health care in the U.S., since being diagnosed with lupus at the age of 23. I have a personal blog at http://beepbeep.livejournal.com that I've had so long I'm probably stuck with :) My other blogs are here on blogger...