Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Resurfacing...again

I've had a weird year so far.  In January I kept having flu-like illnesses with fever over and over again. After these stopped, in February, I started getting weak and shaky. This finally got so bad I had trouble eating without spilling.  It turned out to be severe anemia and I had to have two blood transfusions.  I'm taking iron pills now but do not know what is causing the anemia. It could have something to do with the radiation treatments I had for the cancer.  

When I left the hospital after the anemia treatment, I had a pain in my chest. I ended up having pneumonia and severe bronchitis following the pneumonia for about 2 1/2 months.  Now I've been up and around a very short time and the things that have piled up, like email and paying bills and even laundry, are quite something!


Maybe one of these days I can do something more recreational, like writing in this blog...

1 comment:

  1. You need some cheering up :) Not laundry and cleaning and emails! Buy something small and sparkly, like a jasmine bath bomb or a romantic comedy to watch over and over... sounds like it has been a terrifically exhausting year for you.
    Eat some spinach, goji berries and drink lots of white tea, echinacea and green tea xx

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I've travelled the distance from an Ivy League college to decades of enforced poverty--because I've needed to qualify for government health care in the U.S., since being diagnosed with lupus at the age of 23. I have a personal blog at http://beepbeep.livejournal.com that I've had so long I'm probably stuck with :) My other blogs are here on blogger...